Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's 5 am. Are you in a cold sweat panic?

I've been waking up at 5am every morning. Sometimes, if I'm lucky (and well medicated) I make it to 6ish but it's always the same. Right now I greet each day with the same heart rupturing tattoo of "Jesus Fuck! What the fuck are we doing?!" This initial morning "ohm" is followed by the formula 1 race of thoughts that begin as soon as the question fully slams through my brain.

Did you cancel Netflix?
Did you pack the pedi-egg
How much popcorn will you need to get through the year?
Which jacket are you going to take?
How does the auto-refill on the prescriptions know to send to the alternative address instead of the primary address? should you delete the primary for now?
What should you do about the freakshow who bought the furniture from craigslist and hasn't picked it up in two weeks?
How will you transfer money between a Spanish bank account and an American one and not get hosed with fees?
Will you get the visas before you leave or will you have to drop another $3k to fly back to the US and get them?
How many pairs of spanx can you get away with realistically?
Can you buy spanx in fat assed sizes in Spain if you don't bring them all?
Just bring them all damnit they don't take up that much space.
Then leave one of the camis behind if you're so worried about space.
It will not be that cold and it's better to have spanx than a cami.

And I'm up and headed into the day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog Zoe, but I am so sorry that you are suffering from the "Wake up early to worry" syndrome. Been there, done that. Will probably be there and do it all again sometime soon. It stinks. Bring the spanx if there's room, but I'm sure you can find them in Spain.

Ricardo said...

I think you forgot, "Will I have to feed my renters when they show up at our house in a few days?"

Sonja said...

You know I'll probably regret asking but what's a pedi-egg? And seeing as how I just flew home to pick up the small pile of lingerie I left on the floor - I'd pack them (or post them to yourself)