Saturday, November 8, 2008

Potatoes

This year we decided to get a share in a local Community Supported Agriculture group. Of course I chose one who did not require we work in the fields. Because let's face it. I don't do that kind of work. If you've ever seen my backyard you'll know what I am talking about.

But now we're in the extended season. And this means potatoes. And pretty much nothing else. What the hell am I supposed to do with 6 pounds of potatoes every week for fuck's sake?

Last week they became very tasty latkes which matched well with the apple sauce I made from the too many apples we have. Then I took the 2 pounds of sweet potatoes and the two butternut squash and made them into a soup. But I still have about 2 pounds of potatoes left.

And this morning I pick up the share. Again.

What the hell am I going to do? I think giving them away is in order. Potatoes anyone?

No comments: