Sunday, June 15, 2008

I've been a baking fool!

Since I have been back here from the New England City which shall remain nameless but finally has a winning baseball team, I have been baking a lot. It's probably because I am really depressed about some things going on right now which I can't talk about on the blog but which suck more than anything has ever sucked before.

So last weekend we had someone to dinner on Saturday night. And I made a chocolate raspberry cake. But her dog ate part of it while we weren't looking. So Sunday, when we were going to our friends' house for dinner, I had said I'd bring dessert. And I had meant to bring the chocolate raspberry cake. But since the dog ate part and we'd eaten part, I figured I needed to make a different cake.

The Kid and I went to the Giant up the highway from us and I got it into my head to make a coconut cake. So I made a massive (I mean this sucker had to weigh 6 pounds) coconut mound of a cake. It was delicious. But since I had the leftover chocolate cake with the raspberry filling and since Ricardo and I ate a ton of the frosting (may I recommend using coco lopez in the coconut frosting? It is to die for), we left the rest of the cake with friends.

Now tonight, we have someone coming to dinner. So I am baking a blueberry pie. I even did the lattice top and glazed it and sugared it.

I guess joining the gym was perhaps prescient? Oh except, that with my luck, two days after I signed the 12 month contract I found out that I could get a deal through my school system to pay only $9.50 a month. Two fucking days. Fuck. I need a pie.

No comments: