Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I've been eating a lot of spinach

This year we got a family share with our CSA. It seemed like a good idea. We always ran short last year and bought extras so this year we thought we'd go for the full family share. And that would be great. But the boys are out of town.

What does this mean? you ponder, as I did. It means a hell of a lot of fucking spinach for me to eat.

Last week we got two pounds of spinach. But I was out of town for the weekend. So that means that yesterday after the doctor (which they still don't know what's wrong with me, oh joy!) I came home and cooked 2 pounds of spinach down to 1 pound. Then a dressed it with soy and raw sugar and sesame seeds. And I ate some for lunch. And dinner. And lunch again today. And this was after I ate a salad of watercress (yuck!) last week and a whole lot of asparagus.

So what you wonder? Who cares? Well the thing is that my body is not reacting well to this much roughage. Actually I think even my skin is beginning to be tinged green. Or that could be the illness. Or both. And I just got the email that says, oh joy! more spinach tomorrow. Fuck me running!

No comments: