Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is there such a thing as sympathy stomach problems?

I know that people can get sympathy cravings when their wives/partners are pregnant. But stomach issues? Hmmmmmm.

So I am in a major city in New England for my mom's cancer surgery and before the surgery she had to like roto rooter her insides. And I swear to God I am having the same thing in sympathy for her!!! What the fuck is *that*?

In other news, I have functionally finished the school year. I have left my kids in the hands of a sub. Ricardo is on the field trip with them right now and it's clear that the sub is not doing a great job. But, not my problem any more.

I should be here until June 5. Then I head back to home and pop into work that Friday. And then I really am done with the year. And what a hellacious year it's been. I feel like fucking Hurley from Lost.

1 comment:

Katharine Beights said...

I'm just getting caught up here. Yes, sympathy stomach problems do exist. In fact, according to my personal research, they seem to be the most prevalent and damning of all sympathy medical problems. So, my friend, you are not alone! But, I hope that they are over now that your mom is safely out of surgery (which is wonderful!).