Saturday, May 17, 2008

The count down begins

So a lot of shit is going on right now. My mom is having surgery (Hi Mom!) on 5/29. This means I am officially done with school on 5/27 because I have to travel on 5/28. School lets out on 6/4 and I don't get back from my unspecified location until 6/5. So this week is my last week.

And what can I say but Halle-fucking-lujah! The testing we've been going through has bottomed out my kids. They are grouchy, mean, prone to crying (actually that's not new), tantrumy, and miserable. I am grouchy, mean, prone to crying and while not tantrumy, tending towards the sarcastic with them which is not good and I am trying to avoid it.

In the meantime, I am trying to leave sub plans for the days I will be out. They look like this:

day 1: babysit
day 2: babysit on an all day field trip
day 3: babysit at field day
day 4: babysit in the room, make sure it gets clean
day 5: babysit in the room, don't let them kill each other
day 6: hold on until school is out at 1:00.

Good luck to *that* sub!

5 comments:

Kassia said...

Congratulations on almost being done! What are your plans for next year?

Hope your mom's sugery goes well!

Zoë said...

because I am an ass (and clearly I have some major household expenses) I am going back. Just think of the blog fodder!

Kassia said...

Good to hear it! (If only for my own entertainment). Next year I'm teaching a 2/3 multiage class, so we can swap 3rd grade stories.

Elena said...

My best for your Mom. Glad you are almost over.
Un abrazo
Tita

Mother Madrigal said...

Yeah well you'll have plasma tv, books, bevies, and a slug in bed. so it must beat the last week of school.
thanks for coming. love, MM