Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Students are Back.

And I don't care for the changes here in town because of them. First of all, there is a lot more traffic. Second of all, the traffic is all annoying especially at Barracks Road Shopping Center where there were always too many SUVs in the first place. Now there are more SUVs and they have students talking on their cell phones in them.

But the real issue, as far as I am concerned is what happened yesterday in the grocery store. They were all sold out of Apple Jacks.

This, in my opinion, is a Problem. Last week, Ricardo bought Cap'n Crunch which is delcious, don't get me wrong! But I was really hankering for Apple Jacks. Ever since I spotted Ryan who is one of the people I teach with, ambling down the hall with a bowl of Apple Jacks for breakfast, I have been craving them. But yesterday there were no large boxes, none whatsoever in all of Harris Teeter.

This opened me up to a dilemma. Should I buy the little boxes and suffer through the ineveitable Corn Flakes and Pops (also a fine breakfast item)? I'd only get two little boxes, enough for one bowl really. Did I switch to Froot Loops, which are a close relative but which lack the cinnamon toasty-ness of my heart's desire. Could I make do with another week of the Cap'n? Or should I just eat the frosted mini wheats I already have and get over myself.

I realize the paucity of the Apple Jacks may not in fact be the fault of the students. But it's much more fun to blame them than it is to wonder why there is a conspiracy to deny me my cereal of choice.

No comments: