Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back on the exercise bandwagon

And of course, it's hellish. Since coming back from S@S and starting to teach 3rd grade I've gained some weight. Like 10 pounds actually. And at my size, one cannot afford that. But it's not like my eating habits have changed, if anything, I eat less than I ever did. So I have to think it's the alcohol since I drink more than I ever did.

Last night we went out with some friends to this great restaurant here that makes a killer steak frites, called Zinc, and all I could think about was how will I decide which drink to drink? So I didn't choose. I had both the French Kiss (very tasty, champagne and peach and other yummables) and the Ooh La La (vodka, pineapple, kir and other yummables). Rare is the night I get two cocktails (and spendy ones at that). But it's getting less rare.

So now I have to work out. And it's not fun. And also by the time I get home it's so late and hard to do. But I don't want to have to get up at 4am to do it. So it's weekend (one of our spelling words this week!) workouts for me! And the occasional afternoon number. But it seems to be working. I just hate it.

I've discovered though that the best thing to do is watch a TV show preferably and actiony adventurey type. Because right around 30 minutes is when I think I can't make it any longer and that's when the action peaks on those shows. I've been watching Firefly (thanks Fred!) and it's perfect for it. Plus I feel all virtuous I want to have a cocktail to celebrate!

No comments: