Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peace on Earth Good Swill to Men

I made it through the last few days of school by telling myself that I am a woman with more than 5 kinds of rum in my liquor cabinet. Is that bad? Because I don't think that's bad. What's bad is that today I felt that that was not enough and that like all other teachers, I might have to go to the "Alphabet Store" (AKA the ABC store which is where one buys alcohol) because I really was feeling more like gin than rum. That's bad.

But right now it's silent. The Kid is off at piano. The wonderful husband who took him there has offered to eat eggs tonight so I don't have to "cook" cook. My house is spotlessly clean because our incredible cleaning lady was here this morning and it smells great because one of my partners at school gave me this delicious sage and citrus candle. And I got paid. For real because I am certified (and certifiable, Kassia, that too). For this one shining moment, there is peace on earth for me.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy the time off
Un abrazo
Tita